The default password for Polycom phones is '456', if that is not working correctly, you may need to factory reset the phone using the instructions below.
- Locate the MAC address (serial number) of the phone you want to reset and write it down. (example of a mac address would be: 0004F2xxxxxx). Note: The MAC address can be found on the rear/bottom of the phone or you can see the MAC address by pressing "Menu", "Status", "Platform", "Phone".
- Restart the phone by powering down (unplug it count to 10 then plug it back in).
- While phone is powering back up (you have about 5-10 seconds to complete this step) press and hold the following keys simultaneously during the Updater/BootROM countdown process:
* If you see "loading application" and no countdown on your screen, select "cancel"and you'll be able to see the countdown.
- SoundPoint IP 320, 321, 330. 331, 335, 430, and 450, SoundStation IP 5000 and 7000 and Soundstation Duo: press and hold the 1, 3, 5, and 7 keys
- For SoundPoint IP 301, 501, 550, 600, 601, and 650 and VVX 1500: press and hold the 4, 6, 8, * keys
- For SoundStation IP 6000: 6, 8 and * dial pad keys
- For VVX 300, 310, 400, 410, 500, and 600: press and hold the dial pad keys 1, 3, 5 keys
- Continue holding down the numbers for few seconds, until you are prompted to enter the admin password.
- Enter the MAC address of the phone (not case sensitive). Before this step, write down the MAC address, then the numeric keyboard equivalent of each character, i. e. for 0004f212ab34, your would have 000433332222234. To switch between alpha and numeric try one of the following:
- Depress the # key or the button directly beneath this image on the phone screen (1/A/a) for Soundpoint IP
- On a VVX-series depress "mode" to switch between alpha and numeric
- You should now be able to log into the phone with the default admin password of "456" and configure your phone.